Tommy Mottola Net Worth, Biography, Early Life, Family, and Career – Thomas Daniel Mottola is the real name, Tommy Mottola. He is an American music executive who co-owns Casablanca Records with Universal Music Group in a joint venture. For over 15 years, he was the CEO of Sony Music Entertainment. He is currently the Chairman of Mottola Media Group.
Tommy Mottola Net Worth:
Tommy Mottola net worth is $340 million dollars. He gained his money working for Sony Music Entertainment and Mottola Media Group in many parts of the music business. He’s also profited from other business endeavors in which he’s been involved at various times throughout his career.
Tommy Mottola Biography:
|Date of Birth||14th July 1949|
|Height||1.73 meters tall|
|Profession||American music executive|
|Education||Lona Grammar School, military school, and Hofstra University|
|Children/ Kids||Four Biological Kids. Michael, Sarah Sabrina, and Matthew|
Tommy Motto Education:
He went to Iona Grammar School in 1962 and Iona Prep in 1966, where he graduated in 1966. After that, he went to military school and subsequently high school. He pursued a music career as a guitarist and singer with The Exotics, an R&B cover band, after dropping out of Hofstra University on Long Island.
Tommy Mottola Family:
According to our study, we don’t know much about his parents, and we don’t know if he has any siblings. Tony Mottola’s cousin is the jazz guitarist.
Tommy Mottola Marriage Life & Wife Name:
Mottola has had three marriages. Tommy Mottola’s wife’s name is Thalia, a Mexican celebrity and recording artist, is his third and current wife. On December 2, 2000, the couple married in a lavish ceremony in New York City’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Sabrina Saka Mottola, born in October 2007, and Matthew Alejandro Mottola, born in June 2011, are their two children.
Mottola married Mariah Carey, an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, and businesswoman, on June 5, 1993. Guinness World Records refers to her as the “Songbird Supreme.” Their marriage, on the other hand, came to an end on May 30, 1997, following their separation, which was followed by a divorce. In 1971, Mottola married Lisa Clark, the daughter of ABC Records president Sam Clark. Michael and Sarah were the couple’s two children before they divorced in 1990.
Mottola is the biological father of four children. Michael and Sarah, his eldest children, are the result of his first marriage to Lisa Clark. With his current wife Thalia, he has two further children, Sabrina and Matthew.
Tommy Mottola Career:
- Mottola’s career in music began with a brief spell as a singer for the R&B band ‘The Exotics,’ and then for ‘Epic,’ under the stage name ‘T.D. Valentine.’ In the 970s, while working for music publisher Chappell, he met a pair known as ‘Hall & Oates,’ whom he persuaded to quit their previous manager and negotiate a deal with him. He made a lot of money during their brief renown and received 25% of the overall income.
- Eventually, he established his own management business, ‘Don Tommy Enterprises,’ which was later renamed ‘Champion Entertainment.’ John Mellencamp and Carly Simon were among the firm’s noteworthy clientele. In 1987, he was named President of Columbia Records and its domestic Sony Music division by CBS Records. Later, it was purchased by Sony Music Entertainment, a Japanese company, and Mottola was named President of Sony Music’s US branch (1990). He then revolutionized the business, growing it to over 60 countries and establishing it as one of the world’s most successful music firms.
- In 2013, Mottola’s career turned out when he co-authored a book called “Hitmaker” with Cal Fussman. The book details his journey to success, including the highs and lows along the way, as well as what motivated him to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. He also produced the musical adaption of Chazz Palminteri’s ‘A Bronx Tale,’ which premiered in February 2016 at the Paper Mill Playhouse. The exhibit ran for a month before closing in March 2016. He collaborated on live theatre with Miramax’s Harvey Weinstein, and his TV production company is now developing and producing a number of programs. Casablanca Records is presently co-owned by him.
Tommy Mottola Photoshoot And Images:
Frequently Question Answers:
1. Who is Tommy Mottola?
Ans. He is a successful American music executive who co-owns Casablanca Records with Universal Music Group in a joint venture.
2. How old is Tommy Mottola?
Ans. He was born on July 14, 1949, in The Bronx, New York, United States of America.
3. How tall is Tommy Mottola?
Ans. He stands at 1.73 meters in height.
4. Is Tommy Mottola married?
Ans. Yes, Thalia, a Mexican celebrity and recording artist, is his third and present wife.